Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2010 Florida Laser Master's and the Green Jacket goes to....






Peter Seidenberg, winner of the 27-year-old Green Jacket


The Florida Laser's Master Midwinters was held  on February 13-14th at the Palm Beach Sailing Club. Below is the report back from winner, Peter Seidenberg.


The regatta began on Saturday after a 2-hour postponement on shore due to very strong and gusty W winds with potentially dangerous consequences on the ocean. Sailing on the inland waterway was out of the question. We left the club after the wind had veered to the NW and calmed down to about 20 mph. We had 2 races in NW 18-15 mph. Half the fleet sailed Radial, including me.

On Sunday, we had 4 races in NNW - N 5-10 mph, also on the ocean. On the result sheet, the order of the last two races is mistakenly reversed. My DNF happened in the last race when it became apparent to me that I could not finish better than 9th from the previous day. 

For the record, I have to say that I only won because of the Masters age handicap system. Without it, I would have been third overall, behind Mike Matan and Peter Shope.


Click here for the results