Scott Ferguson (Laser) Andrew Gaynor (AClass Cat)
Scott Ferguson and Andrew Gaynor fresh off their win with BMW Oracle at the 33rd America's Cup put their calculators and pencils aside to hit the water and win their respective divisions in the 2010 Wickford Regatta.
The two-day regatta was reduced to a one-day regatta as the wind Gods took the day off on Sunday. Day one started as super light and tricky as there were a lot of holes over the long courses but by the afternoon a solid breeze of 10 knots filled in and everyone was hiking. The RC was able to complete 5 races in the Standard division and 4 races in the Radials, which allowed for one throw-out in each division. The courses were long and the beach venue perfect according to several of the sailors. A little more cooperation from the weather would have made it superb!
Amongst the various classes at the event were, 21 Standard Lasers and 6 Radials.
Top 10 in the Standard division:
1. Scott Ferguson (4 points)
2. Peter Follansbee (15 points)
3. Peter Seidenberg (16 points)
4. Dan Nickerson (16 points) under 18
5. David Finneran (19 points) under 18
6. Peter Shope (20 points)
7. Ted Green (24 points)
8. David Frazier (31 points)
9. Ian Ikedo (31 points)
10. David Reed (36 points)
Top 3 in the Radial division:
1. Matthew Mollerus (3 points) under 18
2. OJ O'Connell (6 points) under 18
3. Ryan Schmitz (8 points) under 18